The engineering design process is a series of steps that guides engineering teams as they solve problems. Thedesign process is iterative, meaning that engineers repeat the steps as many times as needed, making improvements along the way as they learn from failure.
Fuente: KQED QUEST
When engineers set out to solve a real-world problem, they go through the engineering design process.
You may go through a similar process if you decided to throw an impromptu taco party. The engineering design process includes:
– Defining the problem
– Identifying constraints and criteria for your solution
– Brainstorming multiple solutions for the problem
– Selecting the most promising solution
– Prototyping your solution
– Testing and evaluating your prototype
– Iterating to improve your prototype
– Communicating your solution
With this video, have fun comparing the engineering design process to throwing an impromptu taco party.